Monday, June 30, 2014

The Quick & Dirty Daiquiri

More fancy stuff comin soon, I promise, but in the meantime, something distinctly not fancy. It's a delicious daiquiri that you can make with only three ingredients, which you probably already have around the house. (Okay, so maybe you don't always keep limes around the house, but I recommend you change that. Fresh lime juice is an essential part of the good life.)


Recently I was mixing up drinks for my lovely friend Kassie's bachelorette party, and I realized that, like a dumbo, I had forgotten to bring any simple syrup. What I did have, though, was brown sugar, so I made a Fitzgerald with brown sugar in place of the simple syrup. It looked like pond scum - but it sure was delicious. 

This experience inspired me. I was also inspired by that bottle of Jamaica rum I had sitting on the counter, with juuust enough left for a couple of drinks. Jamaica rum is delicious. You don't want to waste that shit. 

Thus was born: The Quick and Dirty Daiquiri.
What you will need:
2 oz Jamaica rum (okay, or use any other kind of rum, whatever, but it might not be as good)
.75 oz lime juice (fresh squeezed!)
1 tablespoon brown sugar (don't pack it, unless you want a really sweet drink.)

How to make this thing:
Place all the ingredients in a shaker. Add ice. Shake everything up. Double strain into a glass.


It's not so pretty. But it sure tastes good.

20 comments:

  1. Sounds great!

    By the way, brown sugar is kind of like Bill Paxton: it's good in everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tasted Daiquiri. It is nice to drink. I really enjoyed a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you’re in reality a good webmaster. The website loading velocity is amazing.
    It sort of feels that you are doing any distinctive trick. 경마사이트

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read all your posts and all are very informative. Thanks for sharing and keep it up like this. 바카라사이트닷컴

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weather is so nice today. Have a nice day today too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will come to visit again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello. The homepage is very nice and looks good.
    I searched and found it. Please visit often in the future.
    Have a nice day today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post ! I am pretty much pleased with this good post. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent post. I was always check this blog, and I’m impressed. Greatjob!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That’s quite helpful and interesting. Thanks for sharing this quality stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your article has answered the question I was wondering about!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I truly like you’re composing style, incredible data, thankyou for posting.

    ReplyDelete

  13. Really amazed with your writing talent. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful items from you, man. You’re making it entertaining blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You completely match our expectation and the variety of our information.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice info, I love the way you express words with emotions.

    ReplyDelete